FORUMS: list search recent posts

image too big: lasso selection can't go any further?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mballom
image too big: lasso selection can't go any further?
on Mar 26, 2006 at 6:57:56 pm

Hi all,

I have zoomed in a picture here so that i can lasso select the borders better. I have to be very very very precise with this selection.

But it happens that after zooming out to a point i find it easier to lasso, but the problem is the image is now too big, parts of it is out of screen (sight). When i reach the end of the visible part of the image i was expecting the screen to scroll so that i can keep selecting, but it doesnt. When i stop dragging and reposition the image, i loose everything i had lassoed so far.

I need help to find a way to achieve this work with the lasso. Or if anyone knows a better trick to select the borders, actually removing a person from other elements of the picture, (let your method with or without zooming, with or without lasso tool), you are very welcome with advices.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: image too big: lasso selection can't go any further?
on Mar 27, 2006 at 10:33:40 pm

There are a couple of methods that I have used that may help.

The method I use these days is to create a layer mask and then use the brush tool to paint out what I don't want (or sometimes it's easier to fill the mask with black and paint in what I want with white). Because masks don't delete pixels, they simply mask them out, you can continually adjust the mask just by painting with black or white. But make sure you're painting on the mask and not the layer itself. You can zoom in/out as necessary to get the level of detail you want.

The other method is simply to first create a rough marquee while zoomed out. Then you can zoom in, and by holding down the Shift and Alt keys, you can add and subtract from the marquee. Do one section at a time, move and zoom around as you need.

Return to posts index

mballom
Re: image too big: lasso selection can't go any further?
on Mar 27, 2006 at 11:16:05 pm

Hi Timothy,

I thank you very much. I will try the second method first, cuz the first method will force me to go back in hundreds of pages of reading about masks in photoshop b4 being able to use them. Last time i tried using a mask on the fly in photoshop (based on my experience of masks with AE) it was a real catastrophe lol.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]