FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using a video mask to create transparency

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cwise73
Using a video mask to create transparency
on Mar 9, 2006 at 7:24:04 pm

I have a frame of video and a frame of the black and white grey scale matte that was created from the video. I need to use photoshop to get transparency info from the matte and apply it to the video frame (on the matte black is 100% trans and white is 0% trans). any help would be appriciated. Thanks

Return to posts index

maverick13
Re: Using a video mask to create transparency
on Mar 11, 2006 at 10:26:34 am

Not sure I quite understand what you're trying to achieve. So I'll stab at your question and probably leave it sore :-> My assumption is that you have a high-contrast (pure white, pure black) matte, and not a gradiated matte.

If you're trying to use a matte to "knock out" sections of the still frame in PS, simply magic wand (select) the white area of the matte, highlight the video frame layer, and hit backspace or delete. If you're trying to use the matte to key in your video editor, the process varies a bit. Sounds like you described an Avid matte, if so, place your video track on a layer. Place the matte in the layer above the video. Apply the "matte key" effect to the matte. Voila! Your black areas are transparent, your white areas keyed out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]