FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop CS: Weird Font problem with just one character..please help!

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Jupiter
Photoshop CS: Weird Font problem with just one character..please help!
on Feb 17, 2006 at 9:59:45 am

I using a "Sanskrit" (Indian script) font. Photoshop CS is overriding just one character of that font set with the default Myriad Pro font. I tried manually selecting that character and forcing a font change but it does take it. I then tried changing the font for that character with any of the std. fonts but it wouldn't take most of it -- just one or 2 of the std fonts cause a change in the character's appearance. I am a fairly new Photoshop user...please help I am not sure how to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance for your help!

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Photoshop CS: Weird Font problem with just one character..please help!
on Feb 17, 2006 at 6:45:45 pm

Can you create a new text layer and type the problematic character there? Or is the problem that Photoshop doesn't recognize that particular character in that particular font at all?

If all else fails, an alternative may be to use Illustrator. If it can display the character, you can convert it to a vector object, then copy and paste it into Photoshop. A little messy, but there are worse things. And if the character doesn't work in Illustrator, I suspect a bad font (corrupt or badly written).

Return to posts index

cow
Jupiter
Re: Photoshop CS: Weird Font problem with just one character..please help!
on Feb 18, 2006 at 5:25:27 am

Thanks, Timothy. I tried both creating a text layer in PS and the Illustrator route...that particular character behaves in the same manner. It basically shows up as "Y" with 2 dots above it in any font you choose. So, it might not be a problem with the font as such. Also, the character shows up fine in MS Word or any other application. If you have further thoughts, please let me know. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]