FORUMS: list search recent posts

importing images

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hunter
importing images
on Feb 7, 2006 at 10:49:05 pm

Anyone tell me how to import a series of photos as a filmstrip. What I'm trying to do is import a video clip into photoshop in sequential order for rotoscoping. I know you could do it like this in photshop 3. The video was export form Avid in .PSD. Thanks so much

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: importing images
on Feb 7, 2006 at 11:55:12 pm

Premiere and After Effects can export video clips as a Filmstrip (.FLM) file. It's essentially a Photoshop file with the frames split up. Beware that these files get very large very quickly, and that will chew up Photshop's memory. So if you have a long clip that you're trying to edit, do the export as several shorter segments.

Return to posts index

hunter
on Feb 8, 2006 at 1:22:39 am

Unfortunately I edit with Avid xpress pro HD and not Premiere and other way to import as filmstrip or arrange the psd documents within photoshop as a filmstrip?
thanks

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
on Feb 8, 2006 at 6:37:25 am

No. Only Premiere and AE can create FLM files that I know of. (It is a little curious that Photoshop can't do it, but to construct the files manually would be a tremendous amount of work anyway.) You can always download the demo for AE and use that to make the FLM.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]