FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color printing question

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Bohemian Lifestyle
Color printing question
on Feb 6, 2006 at 5:50:44 pm

Hello, I have a printing question. Whenever I print the colors are a couple of stops off. I was wondering if I had to calibrate my color profile, or whatnot. Any advice on getting the LCD on my 20 inch apple monitor to mimick what I am actually printing. The printer is pretty high end. Thanks in Advance - Matthew

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Color printing question
on Feb 6, 2006 at 10:59:05 pm

There are two or three things you really want to do:

1. Calibrate your monitor. Start with Apple's profile, but since color characteristics of all monitors change over time, you should create a new profile periodically. For best results get a calibration device, but you can eyeball it using the calibration tools in the System Prefs.

2. Install the profiles for your printer. Remember that these only work 100% if you're using the manufacturer's ink and paper. (There are devices that will produce profiles from any print sample. They aren't cheap but there are services that will create the profile for you.)

3. Use the proofing options in Photoshop to preview the colors your printer will produce. If you've calibrated correctly and are using the correct printer profiles, you should be able to see a close representation onscreen, and adjust your colors accordingly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]