FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resizing scaned images

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Zupan
Resizing scaned images
on Jan 30, 2006 at 2:04:51 pm

I need to resize about 50 images for a video project that I am doing in Premier Pro. The size of the images are aprox 4600 X 2900 pixles and about 12 to 13MB in size and canot be loaded into PP because the file size is to large.When I try to re size the image to 720 X 480 for video, the image appeares squished.Could someome please help me with this and is there a way of doing 50 images at once instead of one at a time.

Thank You

John

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Resizing scaned images
on Jan 30, 2006 at 10:50:58 pm

You can create an Action that will resize your images automatically. You can then batch process the images using that action.

The problem with squishing is that your images are not the correct ratio for 720x480. To avoid squishing, you can do one of a few things:

1. Crop your images to the correct ratio. The crop tool can be set to crop at a specific size.
2. Resize the images so they are slightly larger than necessary. Premiere Pro won't care if they're just a bit too large, it'll just crop off the sides. Try 761x480.
3. Resize the images so they're a bit smaller. This will fit everything in the frame in Premiere Pro, but you'll get black bars to fill out the extra space. Try 720x454.

In the case of 2 and 3, if you simply leave the Constrain Porportions checkbox on in Photoshop's Image Size dialog, all you have to do is type in one number, and Photoshop will calculate the other.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]