FORUMS: list search recent posts

PS-Illustrator vs CorelDraw + PhotoPaint

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
XelaQlito
PS-Illustrator vs CorelDraw + PhotoPaint
on Dec 29, 2005 at 1:22:51 pm

Ok, this maybe just a rant, but a legitimate one at that. Granted I learnt how to use Corel before jumping to the Adobe products (have been using PS for quite a while, though), but I find the tool distribution and usage in the Corels much easier and intuitive than in PS and/or Illustrator. I switched to PS becuase EVERYTHING on the internet - tutorials, plugins, etc. - is geared towards it. But whenever I need to do something fast, I find myself switching to CorelDraw or PhotoPaint.

Questions:
Is there some "something" I'm not seeing as to the way PS (and especially Illustrator) works?
What would I do if I wanted them to work more like the Corels (rightclick on an object to get its properties), double-click to change colors, mouse wheel to zoom in-out, Aaaaagh! such a long list....

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
Re: PS-Illustrator vs CorelDraw + PhotoPaint
on Jan 3, 2006 at 6:18:08 pm

Corel is Corel, Adobe is Adobe. Interaction is a function of how the app is programmed. There is some flexibility in terms of remapping keyboard shortcuts in Adobe, but that's it.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

maverick13
Re: PS-Illustrator vs CorelDraw + PhotoPaint
on Jan 25, 2006 at 10:59:51 pm

On a Mac here, but try these:

Illustrator: Control + scroll zooms magnification

Photoshop: Option + scroll zooms magnification

The other gripes are as Jim explained them. You get what you get. My guess is the more you dedicate yourself to the Adobe products, the less you'll find yourself turning to Corel.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]