FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Export Problems

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcow
pasteithere
Color Export Problems
on Dec 28, 2005 at 7:37:22 pm

I am having a problem with color in photoshop. I have been using Photoshop for years, but have never had this problem (I just switched to a Mac(.

I will have a .psd that has the color just the way I want it. I export using 'save as for web' with a quality of 12.

If I now open up the .jpg in photoshop and compare the two images, there is a difference in the color quality. The blues and greens are much duller, and the details are not as crisp as in the .psd.

I have tested exporting with the 'save as' and using the .png, with the same results.

Any suggestions with how to handle color?

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Color Export Problems
on Dec 28, 2005 at 9:49:11 pm

The Save for Web function in Photoshop does not attach a color profile to the file (normal Save As functions do it by default, though this adds to the file size a little). This means that when you re-open it, Photoshop doesn't have a "guide" to use to define how the colors should be displayed. The end result can be a slightly different color appearance, depending on what color settings you're using.

Color Management is a wild and wooly topic. A good guide is Real World Color Management by Bruce Fraser and a couple of his buddies. The how, why, and where of CM seem a little intimidating at the beginning, but once you get past the basic concepts it's all cake.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
pasteithere
Re: Color Export Problems
on Dec 28, 2005 at 11:58:59 pm

Thanks so much, I will pick up the book this week.

At first I thought the problem was with Photoshop, and I might need to download an update, but it sounds like it is just knowing how to manage color is the main problem.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]