FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I Import image from Photoshop CS2 into After Effects as Mask?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Movie Maker
Can I Import image from Photoshop CS2 into After Effects as Mask?
on Dec 18, 2005 at 9:06:01 pm

I am trying to import an image from CS2 into After Effects and use the black areas I have created as a mask. I have a background image already in After effects that I want to see through the black areas. I am sure I have done this before but I cant rememeber how. Maybe I am not saving in right format or something!

I have a map image and have coloured all the sea black using the magic wand tool, I dont want to see the black area when the map is spinning over my background in After Effects.

any help would be appreciated

many thanks
Jimmy

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Can I Import image from Photoshop CS2 into After Effects as Mask?
on Dec 19, 2005 at 11:33:17 pm

Turn the black area in your image into an alpha channel. Easiest way is to simply select the black area and delete it. Make sure to save as a PSD or TIFF. Also make sure that the layer your art is on is not the Background layer. If it is, just double-click on the layer, give it a name, click OK. (Background layers are special layers that don't have any transparency behind them.)

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
Re: Can I Import image from Photoshop CS2 into After Effects as Mask?
on Dec 20, 2005 at 2:42:11 pm

Or select the black area in Photoshop and save selection into a new channel. Do not name the new channel--it will automatically be labelled ALPHA. Save and import into AE and use it as a track matte source.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]