FORUMS: list search recent posts

need text to form a circle

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeff
need text to form a circle
by
on Dec 7, 2005 at 5:25:14 am

i've seen this done before but i'm not sure how to do it myself. text is wrapped around so that it forms a circle. i wanted to know how to do this to use it in motion graphics.

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: need text to form a circle
on Dec 7, 2005 at 6:24:12 pm

If you're going to do this with After Effects, AE has an option to set a text object to follow a mask. Simple.

In Photoshop, you can draw a path, and then when you put the text cursor over it and click, you'll be able to type along the path. (You'll know you're choosing the path because the cursor will change so the baseline crossing I-bar becomes slanted.) To draw a circle for this purpose, select the Ellipse tool and in the Options bar click on the Paths option on the left (the box in the middle with a pen over the rectangle). Hold shift while you drag to draw the circle.

Return to posts index

jeff
by
on Dec 8, 2005 at 1:41:01 am

i don't know what i'm doing wrong but once i create the circular path, i select the type tool put it over the circle's outer line and it will not follow the path.
i'm working with ps 7, so you know.
also can you move the circular path once you draw it?

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
on Dec 8, 2005 at 5:40:04 pm

Ah, that helps. It's always nice if you state what version of the application you're using in your original post. Tools and options can be different between versions of the application.

In PS7, this is not something easily accomplished. This page will probably be helpful:
http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4575

Especially the last post.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]