FORUMS: list search recent posts

photos coming into PS with wrong colors

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
margie
photos coming into PS with wrong colors
on Dec 5, 2005 at 11:31:45 pm

I was working on some photos retouching and now when I try to bring them into Photoshop they come in with flesh tones all blue and blues red. I think I have had this happen before and it might be a setting but can't figure out which one. The photos open fine in Imagereader and Preview just PS. It seems like I can't get it out of CMYK and into RGB. I got one photo to opened with the window asking if you want the imbedded colors and I said yes but it was still screwed up.

Anyone know what I need to reset to get my colors back?

Thanks Margie

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: photos coming into PS with wrong colors
on Dec 6, 2005 at 5:46:23 pm

It sounds like your color settings are a bit messed up. Take a deep breath, because color management is a wild and wooly topic. If you're really interested (and it's a topic that any serious Photoshop user should grasp), I can recommed the book Real World Color Management.

That being said, you may be able to get out of this easily. Go to Edit > Color Settings. Try changing the Settings pulldown to one of the standard defaults, like North America General Purpose. If that alone doesn't help, you may have an odd profile assigned to the image. Choose Edit > Assign Profile (BTW, this is all assuming you're using Photoshop CS2; in older versions these settings are a little different), and try the three different options. If you have to pick a profile, try sRGB or Adobe RGB.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]