FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does CS or CS2 have all the tools that Elements 4 has?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morris O.
Does CS or CS2 have all the tools that Elements 4 has?
on Nov 12, 2005 at 10:06:01 am

Does Photoshop CS or CS2 have all of the tools that Photoshop Elements 4 has?

For instance Elements 4 has the magic extractor that allows placing red dots on object to keep and blue dots on background, then perform the extract. Can CS or CS2 do this?

Does CS or CS2 have the picture straightener tool that gives 3 options:
1. Grow canvas to fit.
2. Crop to remove background.
3. Crop to original size.
I know that PS can straighten pictures by using the ruler tool and then clicking arbitrary rotation but can it straighten photos like Elements 4 can as described above?

And other tools.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Derrick van Niekerk
Re: Does CS or CS2 have all the tools that Elements 4 has?
on Nov 13, 2005 at 5:04:14 pm

Hi there,

CS and CS2 are proffesional level software, there is nothing you can think of that this software can't do (that is as far as Graphic Manupilation and Creating is concerned).

Elements is nice for quick "not so much control over" fixes.

With CS and CS2 there's no limit!

Thanks,
- Derrick

Return to posts index

Morris O.
on Nov 14, 2005 at 7:47:59 pm

>> CS and CS2 are proffesional level software, there is nothing you can think of that this software can't do (that is as far as Graphic Manupilation and Creating is concerned). <<

Thanks for the reply Derrick. But your qualification of "(that is as far as Graphic Manupilation and Creating is concerned)" has me concerned.

I use Photoshop 7 and before CS or CS2 came out it was considered professional software. Yet it did not have the redeye removal function that the consumer PhotoDeluxe software had. I'm wondering if the similar is true about CS/CS2 versus Photoshop Elements 4.0, especially the PSE4 functions that I listed in my original post.

Thank you much for your response,
Morris

Return to posts index

Derrick van Niekerk
on Nov 14, 2005 at 8:07:59 pm

Hi there Morris, CS2 does have a red eye removal tool.

But there are also other ways to do it, if need be. But I can confirm to you that CS2 does have Red Eye Tool.

Let me give you some background. I used to be a Paint Shop Pro "Die hard" up until version 9. And I still think that it is very good software,

But with Adobe Photoshop CS 2, WOW! You've gotta see the Perspective Vanashing Point Tool, man it's incredible.

It's text handling capabalities, the list goes on and on and on!

The only thing with CS2 is that it probably has a slightly steeper learning curve, but with TOTAL TRAINING, you'll be on top of the software in no time.

Photoshop has plenty one click features, but hey, how creative can you be if everyone else has the same tools and presets.

The power lies in the manual control!!!

Anyways, just my 2 cents.

Thanks,
Derrick

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
on Nov 14, 2005 at 8:08:54 pm

This is just my observation, but Adobe seems to have Photoshop Elements and the full version of Photoshop on separate cycles. Photoshop CS2 came out last Spring, about a year and a half after the last version (CS). Photoshop Elements, however, just came out with the latest version (4) only a year after the previous one (3).

What I think that means is that when Adobe develops a feature for Elements, it may not make it into the full version of Photoshop until the next release, or vice versa. For example, Elements 4 has a new "magic" selection tool that CS2 does not.

Return to posts index

Morris O.
on Nov 14, 2005 at 11:30:19 pm

>> What I think that means is that when Adobe develops a feature for Elements, it may not make it into the full version of Photoshop until the next release, or vice versa. For example, Elements 4 has a new "magic" selection tool that CS2 does not.<<

Exactly the kind of info I was looking for.
Thanks much!
Morris

Return to posts index

Derrick van Niekerk
on Nov 15, 2005 at 4:49:12 am

IS the "magic" selection tool in elements, not the same as the magic wand in CS2 ?

- Derrick

Return to posts index

Morris O.
on Nov 15, 2005 at 7:45:12 am

>> IS the "magic" selection tool in elements, not the same as the magic wand in CS2 ? <<

The magic selection tool in PSE4 that I'm thinking of is one that allows the user to place red dots (or lines) all over the object to be extracted and blue dots (or lines) all over the background and then the extraction automatically takes place when the user clicks OK (or FINISH, I forget the exact name). By having many dots, PSE4 has a better idea of exactly what to extract. It works surprisingly well and then the extraction can be fine tuned if nececessary.

Does CS2 have a similar function?

Return to posts index

Derrick van Niekerk
on Nov 15, 2005 at 8:15:53 am

IT's got a backgound eraser

- Derrick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]