FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing Encore menus and buttons in Photoshop Elements

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart Reid
Editing Encore menus and buttons in Photoshop Elements
on Nov 11, 2005 at 7:24:46 pm

Can anyone confirm for me that I would be able to edit Encore menus and buttons in Photoshop Elements? That would be great.

Many thanks,
Stuart Reid
London, England

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Editing Encore menus and buttons in Photoshop Elements
on Nov 11, 2005 at 10:10:06 pm

Yes and no. Mostly no.

You can open the menu in Photoshop Elements and edit the background or reorder items in the layers palette. But PSE is lacking one incredibly important feature that will prevent you from being able to fully edit menus: it can't open or create layer sets.

Since all of Encore's buttons reside within layer sets, this is a rather important feature. However, there are a couple of workarounds that allow you some limited ability to edit layers sets (but you still can't create them).

Using the Move tool, if you check the "Auto-select layer" option, you can move items inside of a layer set. Be careful about moving objects with highlights, though, as you'll have to move them separately and line them up again.

The text tool can select text within a layer set, and you can edit it.

Also, PSE 4 has a DVD menu template editing wizard. It's designed for use with Premiere Elements, but PRE uses the same structure as Encore, so it's about the same difference. But the wizard is still somewhat limited.

You're really much better off with the full version of Photoshop, but if all you want to do is some minor tweaking, you can get away with PSE.

Return to posts index

Stuart Reid
on Nov 12, 2005 at 5:55:21 pm

Thanks for that reply Tim - really clear. I thought it might be too good to be true!

Is there any other program, particularly one that is cheaper than the full Photoshop, that is capable of editing Adobe's layer sets? eg a program like Canvas?

Thanks again,
Stuart

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
on Nov 14, 2005 at 8:16:04 pm

You're asking the wrong person. Layer sets are pretty standard for the PSD format, though. Gimp is a free open source editor that I've heard good things about, you might want to investigate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]