FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem With File / Automate /Batch

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Flory
Problem With File / Automate /Batch
on May 15, 2016 at 1:18:46 am

I create an action to add 1 px inside stroke, boost saturation by 5, resize image to 1024 px width, save in folder, close image.

When I use this action in batch, the resulting image widths vary with almost every image...never the action set 1024.

When I manually follow the steps in the action, the resulting image is perfect 100% of the time.

This action worked perfectly on CS6 until two weeks ago. Just upgraded to CC2015...same problem.

Has anyone had same experience? Is there a setting that changed that I missed during review?

Thanks,

Greg Flory

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Problem With File / Automate /Batch
on May 15, 2016 at 12:31:50 pm

Have you tried re-recording in the new version? Might be something wonky with the resize used in a script I. One version over another. Just a guess.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Greg Flory
on May 15, 2016 at 9:43:01 pm

Tried numerous times starting from zero with both versions without success.

Greg Flory

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on May 16, 2016 at 2:47:59 pm

Some ideas:

Make sure the image you use to record the action with is not already 1024, in which case nothing would be recorded for that step. In the resize dialog there is an option to resample, which should be on, as well as you should be set to pixels in the units.

You can twirl open the action steps and you should be able to tell if that step is actually recorded there, and if it actually resizes to 1024 pixels.

Return to posts index

Greg Flory
on May 17, 2016 at 1:33:03 pm

Here are screenshots of latest efforts to create action for desired results mentioned in original post. Still looking for a solution.

Greg Flory

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on May 28, 2016 at 12:58:12 pm
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on May 28, 2016 at 1:07:03 pm

You don't have a dedicated step that changes image dimension in that action. The command for image size is under the image menu. You should do that as a separate step before save for web, rather than trying to do it in the save for web dialog, to make sure it is done correctly. Save for web uses a percentage, not pixels, for resizing, so you get the same relative scaling (21% in your example) instead of a specific pixel size using that method.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]