FORUMS: list search recent posts

GIF Export Problem

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Drope II
GIF Export Problem
on Apr 20, 2016 at 12:59:24 pm

So I have been trying to export a GIF from photoshop, I went to File - Export - Save for Web (Legacy); and from there I left all the options the same (expect for "Preset" which I set for "GIF 128 Dithered"). But when I hit "Save..." the GIF has all the layers pill up on each other rather than animating as it should, so the 1st layer comes on, then the 2nd layer comes on leaving the 1st layer, then the 3rd layer comes on leaving both the 1st and 2nd layer etc. I search all over for a solution on the internet, but it seems like I am the only one who has ever experience this problem before, kind of hard to believe. So if anyone can offer any solutions I would very much appreciate it, thanks!

Return to posts index

Aleks Petrov
Re: GIF Export Problem
on Apr 21, 2016 at 2:33:46 pm

I really doubt this is going to help you but still.. You can try "save as"... gif instead of "export as".. gif. Let me know if this actually helped because I'd be... surprised...

Return to posts index

Mark Drope II
on May 7, 2016 at 2:37:11 pm

Yeah when saving as a GIF the only option is "CompuServe GIF", I am not sure what CompuServe would mean, but it saves as a still image. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Apr 21, 2016 at 2:43:53 pm

Some thoughts:

1) Does it play correctly in the animation timeline?

2) Does it play correctly in the save for Web animation preview?

3) Do you export with transparency? (I'd do it without)

Return to posts index

Mark Drope II
on May 7, 2016 at 2:51:34 pm

1) Yes

2) No, the preview shows the same problem that's in the final product.

3) Yes, in fact now that I tried it without transparency the export works.

The only problem is that I was trying to get this GIF to be transparent, do you (or anyone) know why Photoshop would have problems exporting a transparent GIF? Actually is it a problem with Photoshop, or does Photoshop have a good reason for not exporting GIF as transparent? Thanks for the response btw.

Return to posts index

Jannatul Shumi
on May 31, 2016 at 9:51:45 am

I dont know will it work for you or not, but I found this discussion https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1592675 . Hope it will give you some idea.

Return to posts index

Janelle Lineisy
on Jun 29, 2016 at 11:41:16 am

Could it be that your original image has millions of colors and that your GIF image has only 255 colors. If you uncheck transparency your Gif could have 256 colors.

http://www.ashokahallschool.co.in

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]