FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a workaround to get Oil Paint or similar on Photoshop CC (Pixel Bender plugin?)

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Sage
Is there a workaround to get Oil Paint or similar on Photoshop CC (Pixel Bender plugin?)
on Apr 18, 2016 at 12:47:32 pm

I dug into this a couple years back when CC came out and couldn't find a way, but I've got Pixel Bender Accelerator for AE now (which is pretty much the best thing ever), and I see there is something similar for photoshop, so maybe?

I've looked and don't see anything CALLING itself oil paint, but I cant' be the only one out there that used oil paint filter all the time, and wants to use it again, so can anyone point me toward maybe something similar that has been developed for PBA, or any other item by any other name that might approximate it?

Thx

Return to posts index

Graham Tees
Re: Is there a workaround to get Oil Paint or similar on Photoshop CC (Pixel Bender plugin?)
on Apr 18, 2016 at 1:42:33 pm

In PS go to Filters>Stylize>Oil Paint

Return to posts index

Greg Sage
Re: Is there a workaround to get Oil Paint or similar on Photoshop CC (Pixel Bender plugin?)
on Apr 18, 2016 at 1:47:39 pm

No such option under stylize on any of the 15 installs I have for cc2014 or 2015. Is there some sort of online filter pack you've installed?

AFAIK, this hasn't existed as a stock item since CS6 or so.

Return to posts index

Graham Tees
on Apr 18, 2016 at 2:21:23 pm

I'm on CC 2015.1.2. No filter packs have been installed. Stock standard PS installation.

I'm actually working with the filter now.

Under Preferences>Performance you have to have the "Use Graphics Processor" checked.

Return to posts index

Greg Sage
on Apr 18, 2016 at 3:06:43 pm

Yeah, thx.

I did all that stuff, but no dice.

I see now that they reintroduced the filter in the sub-version just after the one I have installed. Real PITA right now trying to figure out how to update anything due to EEA managed package install that won't allow me (even though I'm the admin) to do any updates.

Return to posts index

Greg Sage
on Apr 18, 2016 at 2:07:20 pm

No such option under stylize on any of the 15 installs I have for cc2014 or 2015. Is there some sort of download pack you've installed?

AFAIK, this hasn't existed as a stock item since CS6 or so.

EDIT.... Ahhhh... I see now. It hadn't occurred to me that they would have actually caved to public pressure since then and RE-introduced it after officially cancelling the whole pixel bender aspect.

Apparently, I'm running the version of cc1015 just before it was re-introduced. Updating now....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]