FORUMS: list search recent posts

creating an animated movie from stills?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
creating an animated movie from stills?
on Jan 31, 2016 at 4:55:23 pm

I have been trying to find an answer, but I am getting a lot of junk search returns. This may even be a basic maneuver, but I am not sure how to ask the question in google.

My bother has a product. He has it photographed on a turntable. They moved the turntable about an inch and I have 42 images. I was able to successfully remove the backdrop and turntable plate.

I would like to make a animation so someone can see the product 3D. I have CC2015. Is it powerful enough to do this with a menu function? Here is something I found from a photographer's site.

To create your animation open your images in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements . Combine the images into one by simply holding down the shift key while dragging each image on top of the first image. This creates a single image with six perfectly aligned layers. In Photoshop Elements just save your finished animation as an animated .gif or flip book. Or if your using Photoshop you can save your animation as a Flash file or animated .gif. Or use Image Ready (a standard part of Photoshop) to save the animation as an animated .gif file.
View our Step-by-Step video on creating animation in Photoshop.

I don't understand the above process. Do you open all your files and drag a layer into the previous image? Or is there a way to import these images so they "stack"?

I am also sure my brother want to have control of the spin on his website. Can I create controls in CC or is that something that needs to be done in Flash, or put in a container specific for product viewing.

I would greatly appreciate any input. I would like to see if I can pull this off and make it look good.

Cheers

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: creating an animated movie from stills?
on Feb 1, 2016 at 3:36:38 pm

If the file names are sequential (filename-001.jpeg, filename-002.jpeg, etc.) you can open them as image sequence, set the frame rate and you'll be done. Since this is definitely the simplest way, it might be worth renaming the files if they aren't.

Export as Quicktime, and it will show up with controls, and you can then roll the video back and forth with the playhead. Not everybody has Quicktime player installed by default, but plenty of people do. You could also export to Flash with largely the same result (except a smaller file size, probably slightly better supported than Quicktime). If you can watch YouTube, the chances are Flash is installed (although YouTube dropped Flash recently for HTML5).

Installing the video onto the website can be a more involved question.

For YouTube upload best to render as H264.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]