FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compositing in PS

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tod Geddes
Compositing in PS
on Jan 25, 2016 at 8:48:43 pm

I have a large number of Powerpoint "slides" individually saved (png) and need to make them usable in 16:9 videos.

Is there a way to import files(3:4)on to a new background (16:9), expand them to fit and save them? Preferably using a script or action.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Compositing in PS
on Jan 26, 2016 at 6:41:59 pm

Yes, you can do that with an action and a batch.

The how is covered here

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-actions.html

and here

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/processing-batch-files.html#process...

Return to posts index

Tod Geddes
on Jan 26, 2016 at 8:01:52 pm

Thanks for the reply... guess I'm doing something wrong.
I have created a 16:9 black background, then I import the image and resize it to 1440x1080 then tell it to save and then remove that layer.

I then go to automate and run the batch with that action and then it just goes through and creates files for the 1440x1080's but no 16:9 background

I very rarely use scripts or actions... so not the brightest with them lol

Thanks

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Jan 28, 2016 at 5:11:28 pm

If you want to just stretch them to 16:9 (1920x1080), then you want to create an action that does that. Image>Image size... unlink the width and height and input 1902 pixels by 1080 pixels as the target size.

If you want to 1440x1080 plus have black bars on the sides, you want to increase the canvas size instead of the image size to 1920 by 1080 with you action.

Then batch your originals through that.

(Note: make sure you're not saving over your originals by selecting a different folder to save the results in, rather than using the "save" command.)

Return to posts index

Rudy nooijen
on Apr 10, 2016 at 4:50:38 pm

opening a new file using a different pixel aspect ratio should fix it as well i guess

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]