FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to import an After Effects 3D Layer Mask into Photoshop as 3D object?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Cottle
How to import an After Effects 3D Layer Mask into Photoshop as 3D object?
on Jan 3, 2016 at 5:32:22 pm

Hello,
in AE i have a layer containing an image and mask, converted to 3D Layer and rotated in X to 175 degrees.
The layer & Mask need to be skewed or distorted to realign with its image texture, but AE can't do this with masks like Photoshop Free Transform.
So i'm hoping there's a way to import the AE 3D Mask into Photoshop to use its free transform and then export it back to AE?
Thanks for any help or suggestions,
J

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: How to import an After Effects 3D Layer Mask into Photoshop as 3D object?
on Jan 4, 2016 at 9:09:27 am

I would suggest precomping the layer moving all attributes (so that the mask goes inside the precomp) and using Corner Pin. Corner Pin is pretty much the AE equivalent to Photoshop perspective transform, albeit more flexible as it remains adjustable.

Return to posts index

Jeff Cottle
on Jan 5, 2016 at 2:05:31 am
Last Edited By Jeff Cottle on Jan 11, 2016 at 5:31:31 am

..thanks Kalle, for your answer at adobeaftereffectsbasics as well.
I've attached a pic showing and named after -what i want to do:
"8_ALL 3D Masks - Need to be FreeTransformed from CIRCLED BoundingBox points in Directions of ARROWS,in Active View.jpg",

1) would your suggestion to precomp all attributes..and use Corner Pin achieve this with my project paths in screenshot 8_..jpg?

Cheers,
Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeff Cottle
on Jan 8, 2016 at 7:24:15 pm

..thanks again Kalle,
of all the great suggestions yours you know was the working solution. I'll save time and try yours 1st :)
Fortunately, cool plugin tech also scripted expression, which they may retail to supply PS free transforms in AE for ancient, path editing\editors demand. I'll dig in to cornerpinning etc. for all potential to that end.
your helps' fundamental,
J

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]