on Dec 23, 2015 at 9:26:02 am Last Edited By Anmol Mishra on Dec 23, 2015 at 9:27:09 am
I took a photo - DSCF1066-small.jpg and composited a new carpet on it.
I want the shadow of the window to fall on the carpet, and there is a falloff as the sunlight nears the edges.
How would I do this ?
I tried a simple shadow using a layer but cant get the falloff.
You'll need several layers of shadow and light effects, using blend modes Overlay, Soft Light and Hard light, to make it realistic.
What I would do, which is probably different from how most would do it, is that I would cut out the original carpet, fix the perspective so that it was flat (as if you were looking at the carpet stragith from above, aligned to the edges of the layer), and look at it that way, adding the same effects on your new carpet before doing any perspective distortions.
There are at least the following effects I would do on the sunlight on the carpet:
1) The main sunlight in the shape of the window
2) A small glow around the same
3) A large glow around the same
4) A large spotlight-type shape that spreads toward the center of the room
5) A gradient shadow near the walls
6) A motion blur for the extra streaks coming out at the far end of the window light, probably a reflaction from the window sills
7) A small displacement using the carpet texture