FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animate selection in photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Hendrikson
Animate selection in photoshop
on Nov 24, 2015 at 1:34:31 pm

Hello Creative Cow community,
I have a question about photoshop. I am creating an animation that I will projection map in actual 3D space, an element that I am using in the animation is the selection tool. So far in my try outs i've only used a still image with only one part that is selected but as I was trying to make an animation with different selections in different frames I started having problems. My question is if it is possible at all to create an animation of selections in photoshop. Or is there any other program that would offer me that possibility.
Thanks in advance,
Best Thom

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Animate selection in photoshop
on Nov 24, 2015 at 9:15:56 pm

There are several selection tools in Photoshop; which one are you referring to: The marquee tool, the lasso tool, the magic wand, the "marching ants" selection borders, something else?

What program are you using to make the animations with?

Return to posts index

Thomas Hendrikson
on Nov 25, 2015 at 11:49:47 am

Hi, sorry for the vague explanation. I'm talking about the marque tool I want to make the animation in photoshop since the 'marching ants' are important and I will beam it live on the 3D objects.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Nov 25, 2015 at 3:33:32 pm
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Nov 25, 2015 at 3:35:51 pm

Ok, got it now. If you're going to be animating this in Photoshop, I'd try the following:

1) On an empty layer, create the shape you want to show as marqueed and stroke it with 1 pixel stroke with the pen tool or the stroke command. You should now have a transparent layer with nothing but the 1-pixel stroke, no fill.

2) Create a new layer above this layer with black and white diagonal stripes (bottom left to top right) at about 8 pixel intervals -- I don't know what the actual distance between the lines is but that might work. If you know how to create a pattern and fill with it, that would be a fast method to create the stripes.

3) Then ctrl-click the line between the layers to make the top layer use the transparency of the bottom one. Now you should see a still version of the "ants."

4) Animate the top layer to move down and to the right at a pace that looks like the marching ants.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]