FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to interpret a photo edit and use it on a higher res version after the fact?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy Gable
Is it possible to interpret a photo edit and use it on a higher res version after the fact?
on Nov 21, 2015 at 5:53:30 am

Hey there,

I recently edited several hundred photos very meticulously for hours and hours using an app which was inadvertently lowering the resolution of the every photo as I saved it - 12 megapixels down to 2 megapixels. (The app was called Enlight) I didn't realize this until I was done and now I have all these photos with edits that have made them all too small. I still have the original high resolution of each of them and I was wondering if there was any way to copy the edit I did on the lower resolution photo and have it applied to the higher resolution originals? Does that make sense? I didn't use photoshop originally, so I don't have any actions that I could use, but I do have photoshop CC and I am willing to use any 3rd party plug ins or apps that could do this. I am just trying to do anything aside from editing them all again.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Jimmy

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Is it possible to interpret a photo edit and use it on a higher res version after the fact?
on Nov 22, 2015 at 12:11:34 pm

What kind of edits did you make? If you've for instance have made mostly color corrections, it may be possible to get the details from the original added to the final with frequency separation techniques.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Is it possible to interpret a photo edit and use it on a higher res version after the fact?
on Nov 22, 2015 at 2:20:52 pm

Bummer. Okay I looked at the enlight app and its features. Does it give you any type of metadata you can read in to make some type of edit at all? I'm going to guess no. In Photoshop CC you can use apply image to see differences - basically, you "subtract" the original from the new version to see what's changed. No changes will show up as grey (127, 127, 127) and any difference will appear as deviations from that. Anyhow, apply that difference back to the larger image by adding it back to the larger version. I've never done this with any volume, but I'm also pretty sure you can automate this process. Because there are image size differences, you may have to blur the differences before applying them. I'm quite interested to see how this works out for you. Please post back.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]