FORUMS: list search recent posts

Difference in image quality when uploaded

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kylie Murphy
Difference in image quality when uploaded
on Nov 9, 2015 at 5:59:01 pm

Hello,

I'm new to posting my work online. This one website (society6) requires a Jpeg format. When I export from a .psd file to a jpeg, the image on my computer looks perfect. But when I upload, the image becomes blurred and looks low quality. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong in the export process. Any ideas? Thank you!

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Difference in image quality when uploaded
on Nov 10, 2015 at 8:22:48 am
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Nov 10, 2015 at 8:24:18 am

Many web servers automatically resize and re-compress your images even if you upload a jpeg if it is too large in either pixel dimensions or file size. The first thing to try would be to make the image the exact size it appears on the website and small enough file size so that it will not get compressed again. The file size limits vary, but 512K is a fairly usual limit. You can find out what exact size the image becomes on the site by downloading something you've uploaded back to your computer from the site (right-click, save image as...).

Return to posts index

Jannatul Shumi
Re: Difference in image quality when uploaded
on Nov 12, 2015 at 9:49:34 am

First of all, during saving the pictures you have to check whether the picture resolution is better or not! Dont crop them instead use the full version. Save the file using the save for web or devices option. It should not be blurred then.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]