FORUMS: list search recent posts

Perspective editing Photos

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bur Ci
Perspective editing Photos
on Nov 5, 2015 at 1:45:40 am

Hey you guys I want to get ahead with a small graphic design, but stuck in Photoshop trying to create a perspective/visual effect.

As you can see, I have a house, which I made in AI. Atop of the house is the bottom half of a mountain. Want I wat to do is create the effect that this bottom half lies proportionally correct atop the house. I have tried the free transform tool but I just cant seem to get this right.

Now as far as the house goes, the picture below shows a brick pattern. This kind of pattern id like to put onto one side of the house. Again, I want to make sure perspective and proportions are correct. Any tips in the right direction?

Any tips are highly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Perspective editing Photos
on Nov 5, 2015 at 3:53:56 pm
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Nov 5, 2015 at 3:54:27 pm

The mountain should be a simple matter of lowering it to appear to touch the center of the roof. I don't think perspective transformation will make any difference.

For the wall pattern, I would first crop the image with the "perspective" checkbox enabled so that you can straighten out the verticals and horizontals or the mortar to coincide with the image edges. Then you can copy/paste the pattern onto the house and use free transform to make it look correct in perspective. You'll need to copy the pattern image and use two or more copies horizontally so that it is wide enough to cover the wall before copying and pasting it to your house image.

Return to posts index

Bur Ci
Re: Perspective editing Photos
on Nov 5, 2015 at 4:37:06 pm

Kalle,

Thanks for your quick response. I will definitely go that route. I also just thought of manually tracing the patterns in illustrator.

As for the mountain, sorry I should have been more clear. What I meant to get a cross was adding depth to the distance between the mountain and house. I want to make both objects seem they are some distance apart but meet atop the roof. I thought that perhaps warping the mountains dimension would get me there, but no victory so far.

Also, we came across each other some weeks back concerning some a graphic made out of lines. I have trapcode, and I have been trying to use the many effects but still no where where I want. Is it form and starglow that I should be using? Sorry, as I mentioned in that AfEf thread, I am a newbie.

https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/244/866191

Thanks for tip !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]