FORUMS: list search recent posts

Magic wand tool can't select one color i.e. #ffffff

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ron curington
Magic wand tool can't select one color i.e. #ffffff
on Oct 17, 2015 at 2:30:26 pm

In older versions of Photoshop setting the tolerance to "0" would make the wand tool select only pixels of the same color you clicked on I am now using CS6 and the tolerance setting seems to be pretty much pointless. Specifically I have an image of the Texans logo Red whit & blue bull. Very basic spot colors. I'm trying to get rid of the white background and I have a blue outline I want to keep. This outline is about 2 pixels wide made of a range of blue pixels light to dark. The background is white, white i.e. #fffff the lightest pixel in the blue background is #d0e1f1. It is blue and not white but the wand tool seems unable to differentiate between the two. In short I can't select just my WHITE background.

Is there a way to get Photoshop to select only one and only one color of pixels.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Magic wand tool can't select one color i.e. #ffffff
on Oct 17, 2015 at 5:37:28 pm

Yes: turn off the "anti-aliased" option.

(Also make sure "sample size" is single pixel.)

Return to posts index

ron curington
Re: Magic wand tool can't select one color i.e. #ffffff
on Oct 18, 2015 at 3:26:02 pm

Thank you, Apparently I just wasn't catching what it was doing. It was working and I just wasn't catching it. It looked as though it was getting pixels beyond the tolerance settings. But in fact it wasn't. As it turned out there was a gap in my outline so it was getting pixels that should have been not contiguous wit the area where I was trying to select.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]