FORUMS: list search recent posts

Coloring newbie ( Example attached)

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bur Ci
Coloring newbie ( Example attached)
on Sep 29, 2015 at 1:04:04 pm

Howdy all,

I came across an article in Wired magazine, in which the latest works of a psychedelic artist was showcased.
I am currently working on illustrations, where lines form the objects that Im making. I took the attached photo from one of his works, and wondered how I could achieve a similar coloring scheme. My terminology is completely green so I can be technically more specific.

Basically, I want to know how I can color/blend the line like those in this picture. Any tips in the right direction would be great!

Best regards.

Burci

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Coloring newbie ( Example attached)
on Sep 29, 2015 at 4:03:32 pm

It seems to me that the coloring has been taken directly from the photo used to generate the art.

BTW, I'm fairly certain the artwork has been made in Trapcode Form in After Effects, using the original photo both as a displacement map and color map -- in case you are after this exact effect.

Return to posts index

Bur Ci
on Oct 1, 2015 at 12:45:44 pm

Kalle,

Thanks for your response! I am not familiar to the effect but I will be taking a look now, thanks for the tip. If I have another question, I be sure to ask for your advice.

Return to posts index

Bur Ci
on Oct 2, 2015 at 6:20:48 pm

Kalle,

Currently, I am not able to get trapcode due to budget constraints. Ive made the lines in illustrator, sp no problem there. So would It be possible to make a color map without trapcode, if indeed color mapping would create a similar color effect? I tried looking up color mapping for after effects but all I get is layer mapping.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Nov 7, 2015 at 7:26:48 pm

If you have white lines on black background, you can simply put the original image on top and change the layer to Darken or Multiply blending mode. You may wan to lighten the original image some so it doesn't go too dark.

Return to posts index

Bur Ci
on Nov 13, 2015 at 1:14:00 am

Hey kalle,

Thanks a lot for the tip. It did the trick!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]