FORUMS: list search recent posts

How i duplicate a group of adjustments layers into others pictures when i already have created then?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Helio Chrockatt
How i duplicate a group of adjustments layers into others pictures when i already have created then?
on Sep 24, 2015 at 6:10:43 pm

I am doing some color correction for a Stop Motion movie.
I have opened 1 photo of each scene and made the corrections i need.
Then i put all the adjustments layers in a group and i want to pass that group (the adjustments layers) to all the others pictures of the same scene.
I am doing that by opening each photo and duplicating the group and putting it in other photo.. but i have more than 1000 pictures and doing manually would demand a lot of patience and time (which i dont have).
Is there any way i could automatize that process of duplicating the group so i can do it faster?
I have already read somethings about action but didnt manage to use it properly. (from what i understood to use action you have to create a new action and then make the effect.. but i have already done all the corrections)

Thx

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: How i duplicate a group of adjustments layers into others pictures when i already have created then?
on Sep 25, 2015 at 12:23:28 pm
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Sep 25, 2015 at 12:27:11 pm

Save a copy of the file containing the adjustment layers but no image, with a blank background and ensure you have the background layer selected when you save. Save this as "adjustment master 01")

Open a test document and with the test document open, record the following action:

select all
copy
close
open (document "adjustment master 01")
paste
save as (with any name in any folder, doesn't matter for the end result)
close (don't save changes)

(Stop recording)

Now you should have an action that copies an image as the second layer above background in the file where you already have the adjustment layers.

Then run a batch with the folder of your matching original images as the source folder and some other folder as the output folder. Select "Ignore Action 'Save as' commands" in the batch dialog, and give the output a filename, serial number (3-part should suffice) and extension.

(You have to do it in this fashion, otherwise you will end up with every consecutive file overriding the previous frame.)

---

Then do the same with your other adjustment layer files and original file sets.

Note that if you use the same output folder, you will want to change the naming convention so as not to override files that are already there.

Return to posts index

Helio Chrockatt
Re: How i duplicate a group of adjustments layers into others pictures when i already have created then?
on Sep 25, 2015 at 5:44:20 pm

Thx for the att Kalle.

Great solution, i understood what you tried to do and it almost worked..
but the only problem is that i cannot copy these adjustment layers, photoshop doesnt allow it.
i tried using Duplicate group instead of copy and paste.. but in that case i have to specify which image i want the group to go and when i run through the batch it wont work with images that werent selected!

having a hard time on this one!

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Sep 25, 2015 at 5:50:02 pm
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Sep 25, 2015 at 5:58:56 pm

It works if you do it exactly as described. I tested it. It will not work if you have even one step missing or in wrong sequence. The point is that you copy your new image(s) to the file that already has the adjustment layers, not the other way round. You can't copy adjustment layers, but you can copy the image to the "master" file that already has your adjustment layers.

Then using that exact batch action you can save the result as separate files, instead of overwriting the same file every time, which is what will happen if you try and do it differently.

Return to posts index

Helio Chrockatt
on Sep 25, 2015 at 6:04:28 pm

Perfect!
It worked, i understood it wrong in the beginning. my bad!

thank you very much :)

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Sep 25, 2015 at 6:16:10 pm

It is anything but an obvious solution, so I'm not surprised if you had trouble with it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]