FORUMS: list search recent posts

Auto-Alignment With Photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
melisa bala
Auto-Alignment With Photoshop
on Sep 15, 2015 at 9:41:03 am

Hello!

I have dozens of scanned images to make animation. I want to auto-align them to a reference point, like peg holes.

I tried Script
Is there a way that I can chose a reference point and make my images align to it? By the way I can't do it with After Effects, cause I am cleaning the images in Photoshop with stamp tool.

Thanks,
Melis

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Auto-Alignment With Photoshop
on Sep 16, 2015 at 8:06:52 am

You can do that in AE: Export as an image sequence if you want to retouch them in Photoshop afterwards. Or retouch them in PS before aligning in AE.

Don't forget that there's a clone stamp tool in AE as well that is more geared to moving images.

Return to posts index

melisa bala
on Sep 17, 2015 at 9:02:49 am

Hey thanks,

I did not AE had clone stamp tool. So do you recommend me to re-touch my images in AE? If so I can do alignment and cleaning in AE and do not waste time in PS.

But how can I align them in AE? With tracking?

Best,
Melis

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Sep 16, 2015 at 7:14:39 pm

I do this all the time with actions in Photoshop, though if you are cozy with scripting, you can do that, too. This is what I do for placing a logo in the corner of a photo.

I open an image in photoshop, then start recording. I'll import an image, then align left or right and align bottom which puts my second layer just into one of the corners, from there, nudge up and right or left. Stop recording and look.

If you are aligning images and the background layer is the same size each time, you can align the second layer to the same points, but you will need to make a new action for each point. Scripting will let you specify a range of locations and you could even read a file with data if you wanted.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/photoshop/scripting.html

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

melisa bala
on Sep 17, 2015 at 9:00:41 am

Hey thank you for your answer, but I do not only nudge the images, I rotate them, too. So can the action record rotating? I'll try as soon as possible. I hope this would work.

Best,
Melis

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Sep 17, 2015 at 2:09:26 pm

If the files are numbered sequentially, you can simply bring them in to After Effects as an image sequence, AE will consider the set of images video footage.

Tracking: You can track two of the peg holes and apply stabilization for position and rotation. It is very automated and fast, the main trick being getting a good tracking result.

Cloning: This depends on what you want to clone out. If it is always in the same spot, it is very straightforward, essentially the same as in Photoshop, except that it will do the same cloning for all frames. It the parts you want to clone out are moving around, it will be somewhat more complex.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]