FORUMS: list search recent posts

Magazine Production entirely inside of Photoshop?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel Zybutz
Magazine Production entirely inside of Photoshop?
on Jun 6, 2015 at 1:52:12 pm

I am not experienced with in design and have to produce a magazine. I am more than happy to put extra, un necessary effort into formatting the articles (e.g), if I produce it inside of photoshop but I want some information in terms of managing the sizes of the magazine.

For a double page spread, would I simply double the width of the page? The magazine is going to be perfect-bound and so for the cover is there a calculation to work out the width of the spine so I can add it to the cover? Also, is it possible to produce all pages of the magazine inside a single document or must I find a way to stitch them together somehow?

I am very in experience with producing any sort of thing like this in photoshop however I am NOT willing to consider purchasing in design to create it and will go to what ever trouble to produce it in photoshop. I want the final document to be a pdf.

Is this even possible?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Magazine Production entirely inside of Photoshop?
on Jun 8, 2015 at 2:51:58 pm

I will say I strongly recommend using InDesign - that's what it was made for. Photoshop has some pretty basic type layout tools while InDesign goes far beyond what photoshop can do in just type alone. Keep photoshop for your FX and things InDesign won't do. Sounds like you will need a crash course in publishing using InDesign. Also, keep your pages to about the final size plus your trim/bleed setting and use facing pages. When the printer goes to print they usually do all the page separations for you cuz it's usually just a plugin and they usually prefer to see the final version. Finally, indesignwill gather up all your resources and prep it all for output.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Gabriel Zybutz
Re: Magazine Production entirely inside of Photoshop?
on Jun 8, 2015 at 8:16:53 pm

Thanks, really I know I have to use in design but was hoping someone would tell me I wouldn't have to so I would have an excuse to not learn a new software but now I'm quite looking forward to it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]