FORUMS: list search recent posts

Proxy image in photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zvi Twersky
Proxy image in photoshop
on May 25, 2015 at 12:54:44 pm

I have an employee with a very old computer (Windows XP and Photoshop CS3) and editing images with 9300x3500 resolution is very hard. Is there a way to create a proxy image with lower resolution just to do the work with and at the end, export with the higher resolution image? (Like After effects can use proxies)

Return to posts index

Herbert van der wegen
Re: Proxy image in photoshop
on May 26, 2015 at 4:00:50 am

This could be done with smart objects, and fortunately Photoshop CS3 does have that feature. Load up the proxy version in CS3, convert that layer to a SO. Then apply the effects. Save, and open the file on your mean machine - and replace the SO content with the new high-res version.

Actual destructive effects will NOT work, though.

In that case you might also wish to try setting up an action that repeats the same steps - although certain filter settings would affect the higher resolution version in a different manner.

/*----------------------------------------------------*/
System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Return to posts index

Zvi Twersky
Re: Proxy image in photoshop
on May 26, 2015 at 4:35:23 am

Unfortunately, if you create a SO from a low res image, the dimensions and resolution of the image INSIDE the smart object decrease so when I then increase the dimensions inside the SO on my "super machine", the images on the main page are all scaled and are out of proportion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]