FORUMS: list search recent posts

text looking distorted and not as big as was set when printed

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
denise dancer
text looking distorted and not as big as was set when printed
on May 21, 2015 at 4:38:02 am

I'm trying to make business cards and the back of them look fine but the text on the front looks distorted. Also, the back of the card prints to the right size but the front is smaller even though the size for both is 3.5 by 2.

Return to posts index

Steve Crook Jr
Re: text looking distorted and not as big as was set when printed
on May 21, 2015 at 3:20:59 pm

Hey, Denise.

You don't give enough information to give a solid answer, but every time something like this has happened to me is has to do with Pixel Aspect Ratio. If the ratio isn't the cause in your case, I don't know how to fix it. :(

Firstly, you are likely using two files, correct? Did you make either or both of them yourself? *I* haven't encountered any PRINT application where you would want to use anything other than "Square Pixels" for your file. (I am sure someone can come up with good reasons, if they try hard enough! :) )

So, when you create your files, make certain the "Pixel Aspect Ratio" option in the "Advanced" area is set to "Square Pixels". If the file was created with the wrong aspect ratio (someone else provided file or you created improperly) all you can do is fix it and scale/redo everything.

Steps:
1) Open file :)
2) View -> Pixel Aspect Ratio -> Square
3) Image -> Image Size --or-- Image -> Canvas Size (determine which works better: Image Size may mean less work, but proportions may be off)
4) Tweak artwork as needed

Hope this helps.

Steve Crook, Jr.
http://www.stevecrookjr.me

I am a simple creative professional that can get my Adobe suite and a few other creative tools to do what I want. Barely. :)

Return to posts index

denise dancer
on May 21, 2015 at 4:38:44 pm

Hello Steve. Thank you for responding!! I created both files. I don't know where the second one when wrong. I checked the pixel aspect ratio and it's greyed out. I did make two separate files.

I was able to complete my project by making a copy of the other front side of the card and editing that one with the info that I wanted for the back. I'm not sure why this worked for me and when I try to create a new card from scratch that doesn't work. Maybe I changed a setting by accident??

I'd still like to find out why the old project looks so ugly. I did save the project just to see if I could figure out why it doesn't look right.

Thank you again!!

Return to posts index

Steve Crook Jr
on May 21, 2015 at 4:41:32 pm

I am very glad the project got completed. I'd like to look at both files, just to satisfy my curiosity. Could you post the files (changing any private data)?

Steve Crook, Jr.
http://www.stevecrookjr.me

I am a simple creative professional that can get my Adobe suite and a few other creative tools to do what I want. Barely. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]