FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop: Cann't get it to open .JPG extension from file.

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zadok Cassel
Photoshop: Cann't get it to open .JPG extension from file.
on May 6, 2015 at 12:18:47 pm

When I double click on a .JPG file it will not open by Photoshop. It wants to use viewer.exe. I went as far as trashing viewer.exe. I have tried to change the View-->Folder-->options-->File Type. and I get a message: The extension '.JPG' is already in use by file type 'ViewerFrameClass'. Choose another extension. I also cannot find in the file types ViewerFrameClass. I have Photoshop version 4.0. HELP! I have tried everything I can think of!

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Photoshop: Cann't get it to open .JPG extension from file.
on May 7, 2015 at 1:09:40 am

It sounds like you are running Windows. Right click the .jpg file and choose "Open With". You will get a list of apps on your system that can open that kind of file, but also you get the option to change the default program that will open the file.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Sage Hickman
Re: Photoshop: Cann't get it to open .JPG extension from file.
on May 29, 2015 at 11:40:38 am

Alternative solution:
>Open "My Computer" from your desktop. Double-click your hard drive.
>Open "Documents and Settings."
>Open the folder labeled with your user name.
>Open "Local Settings" followed by "Temp."
>Scroll down to the files beginning with "Photoshop" ("PS" for older Photoshop CS builds). This will be followed by a series of letters and numbers.
>Double-click each "Photoshop" ("PS") temp file to open them in Photoshop CS. This is the only way to identify which temp file contains the project you wish to recover. Luckily, because when Photoshop shuts properly it deletes its temp files, there should be no more than three or four.
>Select "Save As" from the "File" menu when you find the temp file you want. This will make the file permanent.
More helpful resouces you may learn here...
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/3276651
https://forums.adobe.com/message/6771439

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]