FORUMS: list search recent posts

PSD creating video ready graphics. question on the process

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Osaka
PSD creating video ready graphics. question on the process
on Mar 18, 2015 at 7:27:05 pm

Hey all,

I need to create a series of backgrounds for a video.

I've created a new doc in PSD using the Film/Video preset HDTV 1080p and square pixels. They don't know the color profile I need to use. So, I'll use ARGB 1998.

My question is when I import existing PSD files from my library and place them into my new document do I need to be concerned about it changing my new file in any way? Aside from watching for pixel ratio and video safe coverage.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: PSD creating video ready graphics. question on the process
on Mar 19, 2015 at 5:22:43 pm

Hi Victor,

If you are building a background in a 1920x1080x72dpi document, then whatever elements you import will be changed to those specs. Imported/placed/pasted elements don't change the specs of the base document. For example, if you paste a logo that is 300x100 pixels @ 200dpi, you will notice that it appears quite large (approximately 4x larger) in your composite. This happens because Photoshop changed that element to 72dpi. You transform the logo to the size required. Placed elements, such as .eps files, become smart objects that can be resized at will until you save as a .tif or .png file for the edit system.

We build all artwork for video editing using sRGB color space.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Mar 19, 2015 at 8:18:07 pm

I will add that sRGB is a better color profile just cause you don't know how it will output. I personally despise sRGB for various reasons, but I also use it for web graphics and video, too. When you know the final color profile, use that instead, but if you don't know, use sRGB instead.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Victor Osaka
on Mar 20, 2015 at 2:22:28 am

Thanks for the replies guys! Very helpful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]