FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to rotate the 3D environment.

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley Ripka
How to rotate the 3D environment.
on Mar 18, 2015 at 6:02:11 pm

So I usually use After Effects and Element 3D to do my 3D stuff. Well, the image I'm using calls for more layers than Element 3D will allow, and it will be static so I decided to try the 3D Photoshop tools to try to get the look I desire.

My issue is, with Element, you can rotate the entire environment to see how your layers, or groups, stack up. I have not yet found that feature in photoshop. I need some way to figure out how my layers are in perspective to each other. It's only letting me look at one layer at a time while the others stay static.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Cali Jeepboy
Re: How to rotate the 3D environment.
on Mar 19, 2015 at 9:52:20 am

You can download the first issue of Photoshop Dimensions magazine as a PDF (see link). The issue covers the 3D features in CS6 which are all in CC (2014).

It sounds like you want to make a camera (save camera location) for you main view/position, then make a second camera that looks at your scene from the side. You can click on the cameras to switch between the two locations.

http://www.photoshopdimensions.com/issues/Photoshop-Dimensions-Issue-1-Phot...

Return to posts index

Ashley Ripka
Re: How to rotate the 3D environment.
on Mar 20, 2015 at 1:35:41 pm

Thank you! I was able to figure it out. I knew it was a simple issue. In Photoshop they call it "Merge 3D Layers" so all of my layers are in one editable plane.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]