FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting FROM a PDF?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Vogel
Converting FROM a PDF?
on Mar 9, 2015 at 5:33:36 pm

I'm a videographer by training so I'm not very familiar with InDesign but a number of odd-jobs have fallen to me with my current employer.

I've been given a group of separate PDFs of a print publication my employer makes. I've been asked to remove all of the crop marks and convert them into a single PDF for use as a source for an e-publication version of the magazine.

My method with this has been to open the PDFs I'm given with Photoshop, converting them into a single document, and re-export them as JPGs and then recombine them into a single PDF for upload.

This has not been a problem but with the most recent version there was an issue with the text being converted into an image and creating those blurry digital artifacts around them. I was sent a series of instructions for publishing in the preferred format but it requires InDesign (which I'm now running a 30 day trial of).

Is there a way to open up a PDF in InDesign so as to retain the visual quality or else do something similar with Photoshop?

Return to posts index

Kendrick Drews
Re: Converting FROM a PDF?
on Mar 12, 2015 at 5:32:53 pm

Using the Place Command ( File>>place ) Should help with the text being converted to an image.

However, PDF files weren't meant to be edited this way and the workarounds are always clunky at best.

You could also try opening the PDFs in Acrobat reader then click Tools on the menu bar>>Advanced Editing Tools>>click the Crop Tool option.

You should be able to crop out those marks. Hit save and be good to go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]