FORUMS: list search recent posts

Healing brush clone source - how to make it static [locked on one sampled area]

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Fury
Healing brush clone source - how to make it static [locked on one sampled area]
on Feb 1, 2015 at 12:18:42 pm

Greetings,

I hope I'm in a good section, maybe this belong to basics. Though, to my question...

Whenever I use healing brush, with alt + left click I sample some part of the picture, and by right click, I can use the sampled area wherever I want. My problem is that I'd like to use one sampled area, not dynamic sampled area. The "cross" is moving with my cursor, whenever I move with the healing brush, and therefore it starts to sample areas of the image I don't want to anymore.

Is there a way I can lock the sample area, so it won't be moving with my brush on per se locked on coordinates?

Thank You very much for Your eventual reply,

regards

Bryan

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
Re: Healing brush clone source - how to make it static [locked on one sampled area]
on Feb 2, 2015 at 3:33:11 pm

Select your Healing Brush tool.

In the Options Bar at the top of the screen, uncheck "Aligned."

Now every time you click to start painting again, the brush will begin to sample from the original Alt-click point again.

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

Bryan Fury
Re: Healing brush clone source - how to make it static [locked on one sampled area]
on Feb 2, 2015 at 3:42:56 pm

Greetings Jeff,

Thank You for pointing out this fact. Though, already knew about it. What I want is it to sample one area while moving the cursor, that means that if I go 500 pixel path long with brush, I'd need it to take sample from one area, not area followed by my cursor.

E.g. I pick one part of healthy skin and I'd need to mask out all the faults on the body of the model, I don't want to use dynamically followed cross, I'd need something that PS probably can't do yet, or I just don't know how - taking a sample of dynamically moved brush, from static sample, that doesn't move with cursor, even when I move the brush.

Hope I explained better,

Nevertheless, thank You for Your reply,

regards

Bryan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]