FORUMS: list search recent posts

PLEASE tell me there is a way to apply automatic strokes using the Pen Tool.

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jana Narin
PLEASE tell me there is a way to apply automatic strokes using the Pen Tool.
on Nov 26, 2014 at 8:20:43 pm

To apply pencil and brush strokes using the Pen Tool (in Photoshop CC - the version I'm using), I would constantly have to right-click on my path, and on the dialog menu that pops up, select "Stroke Path...," then select which "Tool" (I namely use the Pencil and Brush tools), then hit "OK." And that gets ANNOYING. This is Photoshop CC - which means there should be a way for the Pen Tool to automatically apply the (Pencil/Brush) strokes while I'm creating paths. Illustrator does that - so there should be a way for Photoshop to do that as well. It's a software a majority of artists use; there SHOULD be a way to automatically apply pen strokes. PLEASE tell me there is.

Return to posts index

sanjeev ramanathan
Re: PLEASE tell me there is a way to apply automatic strokes using the Pen Tool.
on Nov 29, 2014 at 7:22:58 am

This should work, i don't about Photoshop CC, i have CS6.

Go to the Pen tool options on the top and on the left select from 'Path' to 'Shape' this should create stroke automatically while drawing.

Beekeeper
http://www.beekeepersblog.com

Return to posts index

Jannatul Shumi
Re: PLEASE tell me there is a way to apply automatic strokes using the Pen Tool.
on Jan 17, 2015 at 9:32:28 am

It should work and I am also using photoshop cs6 and its easier here to apply automatic stroke using pen tool.

Return to posts index

Herbert van der wegen
on Jan 28, 2015 at 6:14:52 am

You are correct, the stroke path function is not a real-time tool - so you will have to perform those steps manually each and every time.

Creating a shape does not result in the same stroke, of course.

If this bothers you, why not use Illustrator for your line work instead?

Alternatively, download Krita for free here: https://krita.org/
In Krita the "stroke path" function is automatically applied after drawing a path with the path tools (when used on a bitmap layer).

This indeed makes much more sense than PS's archaic approach. Besides, for drawing and (digital) painting Krita is quite a bit ahead of Photoshop as it stands.

And best of all: open source and free!

/*----------------------------------------------------*/
System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]