FORUMS: list search recent posts

Designing T shirts, need some advice...

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alex delfont
Designing T shirts, need some advice...
on Oct 6, 2014 at 8:58:28 am

Hi guys

Im not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I didnt know where else to ask.

I like to draw, just with a black pen and paper, quite intricate mandala style drawings. Some people asked me if I could design some T shirts for their business. I am just wondering what the best way to do this is.

I want them to look hand drawn to some extent, so I dont want to use a tablet or do it on a computer. I was thinking I would just draw them on A3 paper, at actual size, then scan them. How would I then get this ready to be printed on a white t shirt for instance. Obviously I want everything that is not black ink to be see through, so they can print them wherever they like.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
Re: Designing T shirts, need some advice...
on Oct 6, 2014 at 4:27:11 pm

The first consideration is how the shirts will be printed: will they accept raster art or do they require vector? If they will take raster, what size/resolution/color space do they require? A five-minute phone call before you start can save you hours of work.

Also, be aware that not every printing method will properly reproduce "intricate" designs. Sending your selected vendor a sample of your proposed art to get their feedback on how it will ultimately print can help dodge a lot of roadblocks.

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

alex delfont
Re: Designing T shirts, need some advice...
on Oct 6, 2014 at 4:28:39 pm

Hi,

thanks for the advice. Yeah I dont use photoshop much or illustrator, I just like to draw, so Im not too savvy with this stuff.

I will get in touch and ask them more about how they want to do it :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]