FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem using free transform within an action (revised post)

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Landman
Problem using free transform within an action (revised post)
on Oct 3, 2014 at 6:13:52 pm
Last Edited By Mark Landman on Oct 3, 2014 at 7:42:17 pm

I have a few hundred images each with a separate text layer. The text is in various positions from image to image. I'm trying to create an action using free transform that will reposition the text in each image to the same position. When creating the action I specify the coordinates I want the text to go to and make sure not to click the delta between the x and y fields to that it doesn't use relative positioning. The X and Y boxes initially contain the x and y positions of the text layer before trying to move it. I change x to 720 and y to 850. After pressing return the text jumps to the desired place. All seems well, but when I run the action it uses relative positioning anyway. The action that is created says "Transform Current Layer/Center:Center/Translate: 178.3 pixels, 630 pixels/Interpolation:Bicubic". This isn't what I want it to do.

I've tried this with both the CS 2014 and CS6 versions of Photoshop on a Mac running OS 10.9.4.

Am I overlooking something simple, or is this just not possible? I thought this would be a fairly simple problem, but it's ended up taking all morning and I'm no closer to a solution that when I started. Any insights that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated and just might keep me from tearing out what little hair I have left.

Thank you

Mark Landman
PM Productions
Champaign, IL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]