FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is this sharpening technique? Highpass?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Bissonnette
What is this sharpening technique? Highpass?
on Aug 12, 2014 at 4:04:00 pm

I am wondering if anyone knows the technique(s) used on these photos to get that super sharp, crisp look. These are all taken from Blackmagic Design's website, although I've seen this technique used elsewhere.

My first guess is that it is just a duplicate layer with a high pass filter, set to overlay.

Aside from the abundance of lighting in the photos, could this be the only technique used to create this 'look'?

I've tried the high pass technique on some of my photos, but they just never seem to turn out. I don't really have any examples to show, just in general - I've never been pleased with the results. Am I missing a step possibly? Is there another technique that achieves a similar look? Links to tutorials or a better place to ask? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: What is this sharpening technique? Highpass?
on Aug 13, 2014 at 6:28:51 pm

It looks like it's culled from a few different photos and comped with some 3D and other elements in photoshop. The high key/high pass look can be faked pretty easily or shot as HDR in camera. My guess anyhow - based on the type of lighting apparently available versus what's shown and how the relevant subjects appear to be lit - also the shadows have been edited . Those are my first impressions. Some of this may also be from stock footage. I could be totally wrong, too. ;)

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]