FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making Professional Pictures From Video

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shitij Kohli
Making Professional Pictures From Video
on Jul 21, 2014 at 1:59:30 pm

Hi,

I have an urgent problem, we had shot a corporate event & the client required video recording from us (no photographs)...they had their own in-house photographer, who for some reason didn't turn up.

Now the client is requesting some stills to be made from video & sent to them...this was a very important event for them & the images would have to be shared with all their corporate clients.

We had shot the footage on 5D Mark III, 1080P, 25 fps.

Is there a way where by the pictures taken from video can appear professional (i know there is a limit to it...but i really want to know if something could be done).

1. Currently i am taking the footage in FCP & making a still & transferring that into PSD file.
2. In the PSD file i make a duplicate layer & then use Overlay Or Screen Or Soft Light Or Hard Light to add detail to the picture, then i reduce the opacity to bring the colors down.
3. I have also tried using High Pass filter to add details to the pictures, but it was not solving the purpose.

I want to know what commands that could be used in photoshop to make the images look sharp & , if i can add a deviant to the pictures & make them look attractive (by color grading or by giving instragram type of look)....please let me know if anything could be done.

Kindly help!!!

I have attached a sample picture taken from video...i know the picture is not that sharp but this is all we have.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Making Professional Pictures From Video
on Jul 22, 2014 at 9:37:20 pm

Hi there, it sounds like you are already doing what you can. Maybe try using unsharp mask, too? No picture was attached. As for any deviations, I suppose that's up to you: what do you want to add? You mentioned examples, but, which one do you want? Are you looking to automate this? If the client was supposed to show with a photographer then didn't, I hope you're charging extra for the new labor.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]