FORUMS: list search recent posts

need some advice on a photo manipulation project

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joseph herring
need some advice on a photo manipulation project
on Jun 26, 2014 at 2:31:59 am

I am working on a photoshop manipulation project. Just an Idea I thought about that will be using turtles. What I am wanting to do is make the turtle's shell shiny and colored like that of a car. I have attempted this by using the quick selection tool to select the shell then adding color and using bevel in blending mode. This did not come out quite right. I have also thought of removing parts from actually car pictures and warping them into shape. This would take some time to do. Is there any other ways to do this? I have done a couple of photo manipulations before, but I'm a little bit stumped on this one. I am fairly new to this, but have a little bit of knowledge. I have provided the picture I am wanting to use so you can see. Thank you in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
Re: need some advice on a photo manipulation project
on Jun 26, 2014 at 3:08:47 pm

Lots of approaches. Here's one:

First, forget Quick Select, Magic Wand, and the like. You've got a nice hard-edged shell, make your selection with the Pen tool. Once you have your selection, make a new layer, fill with your "car" color and experiment with blending modes like Color.

If you're wanting to do the highlights with effects, you can probably get something close with Bevel set to (approximately)100 Depth, 135 Size, 5 Soften, 90 Angle, 70 Altitude, and the "Ring" or "Double Ring" Gloss Contour.

That said, studying images of car reflections and making them by hand on a separate layer will most likely give better results and more control.

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]