FORUMS: list search recent posts

Printing with Photoshop CC Problems

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Smith
Printing with Photoshop CC Problems
on May 22, 2014 at 11:30:23 pm

Hi,

I recently got Windows 8.1 and using the trial version of Photoshop CC plus I have Photoshop CS5 and the same thing happens, when I go to print the colors are a little different than what I have on my laptop. I have an HP and it worked great with Vista and Photoshop. Is there a fix for this problem in Windows 8.1?

Also when I go into Photoshop all the icons and everything is really small and have to adjust my screen res every time I want to use it, is there a fix for that as well?

The weird thing is that I can run Illustrator CS5 and it looks great no res messing around with but Photoshop CS5 is really tiny like I explained above. If anyone has a fix for this I would appreciate that very much!!!!

Thanks in Advance!!!

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Printing with Photoshop CC Problems
on May 23, 2014 at 5:24:01 pm

Sounds like it might be a preferences issue with photoshop. Not sure where to trash prefs on PS on Windows, but I'm sure it's the usual places (http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-names-locations-photoshop.html). As for printing, confirm which print profile you are using in CS5 and make sure you're using the same one in CC:

Check Color Settings (Edit >> Color Settings)

On screen, check your proofing: View >> Proof Setup (look for the one you want). Here, if you are creating with RGB and printing to an inkjet printer, try using the CMYK proof, but for web, try the Internet RGB or Monitor RGB. You need to recalibrate your monitor first, tho.

Double-check with your printer manufacturer that you are using the correct driver for Windows 8.1 (this can have a HUGE impact on color). If you haven't already, make sure to recalibrate your monitor (if the monitor isn't calibrated, your colors will look fine on screen, but won't print or display on other systems correctly). Also, if you have a second monitor, see how it looks there, too (yes, you will need to calibrate that, too).

Effective color management can be one of the biggest challenges on your machine and everything must be correctly calibrated in order to work. Also, always remember to never trust the color on screen without proper calibration. When you make ANY CHANGES to your system (especially hardware and any type of graphics software, OS changes, new drivers, new monitors, new scanners, new printers, etc.), recalibrate everything. I recalibrate my monitor, scanner, and update my adobe suite at least every 3 months and more often with more use. I also have color profiles for dark room, backlit, interior light, outside light, fluorescent, my Ott Lite, bright colors, dark colors, etc.

If you rely on color a LOT, get a calibrator.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Brian Smith
Re: Printing with Photoshop CC Problems
on May 25, 2014 at 9:31:43 pm

Thank you so much for all your knowledge and time to help me. You're awesome!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]