FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't get transparency from imported tiff sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Sage
Can't get transparency from imported tiff sequence
on Mar 12, 2014 at 10:47:33 pm
Last Edited By Greg Sage on Mar 12, 2014 at 11:12:17 pm

I'm using Layers -> Video Layers -> New Layer from Video File to import a Tiff sequence created in C4d. I can see in Quicktime that it rendered out properly with straight alpha channel. When I look at it with Get Info in Finder, it says "Alpha Channel: Yes."

When I import it into PS, or even import a still from it, it looks premultiplied... all the holes filled in with black. If I render either video or still out as png or something with transparency checked, it comes out still filled in with black.

It just doesn't seem to be recognizing the alpha as an alpha at all. I don't see a control anywhere to re-interpret the alpha.

I must be missing something.

update... ok, I see now that BEFORE I convert it to a smart object for editing, I can right click, and there's a menu for interpret footage with options for alpha.

Even if I open new ps document, though, and import the footage, all those options are greyed out.

Return to posts index

Greg Sage
Re: Can't get transparency from imported tiff sequence
on Mar 13, 2014 at 2:58:19 am

Tried a bunch more things. I converted one of the stills to a png, and it loaded in PS with straight alpha no problems.

I've got thousands of frames already rendered in Tiff though... Would be VERY preferable to figure out how to get Tiff interpreted properly.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Can't get transparency from imported tiff sequence
on Mar 18, 2014 at 5:25:53 pm

Sounds like it's filling the empty space with the alpha. What is your workflow (step by step if you can) and can you post an example?

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]