FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simple Timeline Problems

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Budnikas
Simple Timeline Problems
on Mar 1, 2014 at 8:24:23 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am pretty new to animation and cannot believe I am having trouble with a simple timeline. At least I think it is simple or I'm just over thinking this.

I've re-created a simple logo in Photoshop CS6 for a client of mine and we want to use it in a video production done in After Effects.

There are 9 equal squares created using the rectangle tool in Photoshop. I want to animate it so that the all the squares load one on top of another, then once the set reaches the first position, they load across and down. Then once they load, I want all 9 squares to rotate 45 degrees to the right to form a diamond and end up like this.

I select all individual layers and click on create timeline. When I click on position and add the keyframe, I get a message saying Animating the layer position may not have any effect. You may need to animate the mask.

If I create text, I get transform appearing on my text track, but on a simple square I only get Position, Opacity, Style, Vector Mask Position, Vector Mask Enable.

I've searched here and on the internet for a simple animation like this and cannot find any resource. They all seem to speak to 3d animation.

Can someone point me in the right direction please and Thanks,

Robert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]