FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alpha Pre multiplied and Matted with Color in photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashton Rosendahl
Alpha Pre multiplied and Matted with Color in photoshop
on Jan 10, 2014 at 5:28:20 pm

Hi Everyone!

I ran in to this problem recently and cannot seem to find any solutions on the internet.

In After effects if you right click on an image from your project tab, go to interpret footage, and then main you have the option to set your image alpha to be premultiplied and matted with a color of your choosing.

This is awesome for getting rid of the slight amount of background color picked up when rendering out images from a 3D package with a material wrapper.

Is there anyway to do this directly in photoshop? as a work around I am currently bringing my image into after effects first changing the alpha options and then doing a save frame as back to photoshop. This works ok but I would much rather know how to do this without having to bounce between software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Alpha Pre multiplied and Matted with Color in photoshop
on Jan 16, 2014 at 6:19:44 pm

There are a couple of options that may work for you.

One is to apply the alpha as transparency to a layer and use the Layer > Matting > Remove Black Matte function. Unfortunately this doesn't work when using a layer mask, the mask needs to be applied.

My preferred method would be to apply the alpha to the layer as a layer mask. Copy the alpha and paste it into a new layer above this masked layer. Clip the RGB version of the alpha to the masked layer and set its blend mode to Divide.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Ashton Rosendahl
Re: Alpha Pre multiplied and Matted with Color in photoshop
on Jan 30, 2014 at 10:13:03 pm

Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]