FORUMS: list search recent posts

Producing RGB and alpha channels like an existing file (attached)

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rok Picasso
Producing RGB and alpha channels like an existing file (attached)
on Jan 4, 2014 at 1:05:57 am

Hi. I'm attaching two PSD files to show what I mean. I want rose.psd to become like tunnel.psd, which has 5 channels including an alpha channel. How do I go about this?

And if that would save time, is there a video somewhere that I can watch to help me do this? I looked for some reference material on Photoshop channels, but it did not help me understand how tunnel.psd was produced, or how to re-produce the same look in a new file.

Thanks to anyone taking the time to help and share tips.

6951_tunnel.psd.zip

6952_rose.psd.zip

Return to posts index

Herbert van der wegen
Re: Producing RGB and alpha channels like an existing file (attached)
on Jan 8, 2014 at 1:35:55 am

1) click (mac: ctrl->command key) on the rose layer thumbnails. This loads the transparency as a selection.
2) switch to the channels palette
3) click on the second icon from the left at the bottom of the channel palette. This saves the selection as a channel.

4a) (optional) to generate a black background, to deselect the active selection, and switch back to the layer palette.
4b) Add a solid color layer (fourth button from the left bottom of layer palette)
4c) drag this layer to the bottom underneath the rose layer
4e) right-mouse click the rose layer (NOT the thumbnail) and choose "Flatten image".

That's it: you now have the same setup as the other image.

/*----------------------------------------------------*/
System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Return to posts index

Rok Picasso
Re: Producing RGB and alpha channels like an existing file (attached)
on Jan 8, 2014 at 4:47:53 pm

Thank you very, very much for your explanation, Herbert. Much appreciated.

I'm a bit new to channels in Photoshop, especially Alpha channels, so will take my time to figure this with your guidelines as soon as I have time, and hopefully will have no further questions. =)

Thank you again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]