FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photomerge With Screenshots

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johan Barnard
Photomerge With Screenshots
on Dec 6, 2013 at 5:07:00 pm

There was a particularly long post on Facebook, which extended far beyond a single screen. I attempted to use SnagIt to do a "scrolling capture", but it didn't work very well in any of my browsers. Instead, I set a region with it, took a screenshot, scrolled down slightly, and hit the hotkey to take another screenshot within the same region. In all, I have roughly 84 screenshots, each with about 60% overlap.

After having tried a number of things with Photoshop's built-in photomerge utility, I have had no luck. I thought that since there is so much overlap between the screenshots that it would be quite easy to stitch together - however, it appears that, perhaps because it is mostly text and not large swatches of similar color, it is unable to correctly position the images. Some of them become very strange shapes, some of them have a couple of images positioned correctly while others are off very far to one side, etc. I can provide examples of what Photoshop comes up with, but I'm not sure that would help.

I have tried each of the Photomerge "Layout" options (Auto, Perspective, Cylindrical, etc.) even though I think that 'Reposition' would be the best option. It still doesn't seem to work. I also tried making smaller groups of images instead of doing all 84 at one time.

Has anyone ever attempted to stitch together a number of text-based screenshots using Photomerge? Do you have any alternative software recommendations for such a task?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]