FORUMS: list search recent posts

sorry to ask such a basic question...

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lon Waitman
sorry to ask such a basic question...
on Dec 6, 2013 at 2:14:06 am

hi -- sorry this is such a basic question (and it is really not "photoshop-specific"), but it does deal with displaying images, so i thought someone would be willing to help me...

i want to burn a data disc (dvd) with jpg's that will include some sort of auto-viewer, so that when someone puts it in their computer or on their dvd player, it will display the images, one at a time. is there such a thing? (i would have asked this on the "photoshop basics" forum, but there doesn't seem to be much happening there)

i do not want to create a slideshow movie. of course, i could do that a number of ways. what i want is to somehow include a viewer on a data disc that will easily display (auto-display) the images, without having to actually create a video slideshow.

Return to posts index

Herbert van der wegen
Re: sorry to ask such a basic question...
on Dec 7, 2013 at 7:21:55 am

Irfanview will do that for you. It has several options, from auto-executing a slide show off a cd/dvd (on Windows machines), to converting a folder of images to a "real" dvd that will play on any OS with a drive, or even dvd players.
http://www.irfanview.com

Check the documentation for "How to start IrfanView slideshow from a CD?"
and the "Burning" plugin on the plugins page: http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm

/*----------------------------------------------------*/
System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Return to posts index

Lon Waitman
Re: sorry to ask such a basic question...
on Dec 7, 2013 at 10:44:11 am

thanks so much, Herbert! i will check it out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]