FORUMS: list search recent posts

setting a specific size photoshop 3D

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Debbie Rodriguez
setting a specific size photoshop 3D
on Sep 10, 2013 at 3:20:16 pm

Hi, I'm new to photoshop 3d and this may be a stupid question, but is there a way to set a specific size of the 3D object I am extruding? I have two greek letters for my sorority that I would like to have 3D printed, 3x3x.5 inches. I have brought them into photoshop from illustrator (they are 3x3 in illustrator) and extrude from work path. (I have one file for one letter, and one file for another)

I want to be able to match the properties on both files so that they are the same size when 3d printed. There is no where that I can find to specify the height, depth, width. Is there a way to do this?

I would be grateful for any help anyone can offer!
Thanks....

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: setting a specific size photoshop 3D
on Sep 11, 2013 at 6:41:05 pm

Hi there, am I right in reading that you will be 3D printing this - as in using a 3D Printer? If that's the case, Photoshop really isn't what you need to be using - use a 3D modeller instead (Google Sketchup is free and so is Blender among others). A 3D modeller will have the tools you need to build a 3D model whereas Photoshop really doesn't.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Debbie Rodriguez
Re: setting a specific size photoshop 3D
on Sep 17, 2013 at 3:41:27 pm

Thanks, my son has a student version of 3ds I'm trying to learn that now but still having problems getting the sizing to be specific. I'll head over to that forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]